Directors - Chell Stephen & Nadia Hallgren
Producer - Lisa Diebner
NYC D.P - Gregg Conde
Soweto D.P - Nadia Hallgren
Editors - Chell Stephen & Sam Winter
Production Company - Polite Company
Executive Producer - Jamie-James Medina
Rest in Power Teddy Pendergrass!
Straight from the LA Valley, Taz Arnold aka TISA from Sa Ra Creative Partners gives a tour of his working studio, his designs for classic 80s cult brand MCM and performs a lil sumthin sumthin with his homies Major and Bailey. BANG! Check it from Creative Control.
As Gucci Mane sits in jail serving out his year-long bid for parole violation, dont think his fans arent thinking of him. Diplo has just dropped a free mixtape off the Mad Decent website with remixes from a great stable of musak tweakers including Teenwolf (from Ninjasonik), Benzi, Memory Tapes, and Flying Lotus. Download it here.
1. "Danger's Not a Stranger (Diplo Remix)"
2. "Dope Boy (Bird Peterson Remix)"
3. "Excuse Me (Memory Tapes Remix)"
4. "No No No (Brodinski & Monsieur Monsieur Remix)"
5. "Frowny Face (Douster Remix)"
6. "Frowny Face (Emynd Remix ft. Playboy Tre)"
7. "I'm Expectin (Teenwolf Remix)"
8. "Boi (Zomby Remix)"
9. "My Shadow (Salem Remix)"
10. "Excuse Me (Diplo Remix)"
11. "Photo Shoot (Flying Lotus Remix)"
12. "I Be Everywhere (Mumdance Remix)"
13. "I Be Everywhere (DZ Remix)"
14. "I'm the Shit (Benzi & Willy Joy Remix)"
15. "Break Yourself (Diplo Remix ft. Lil B)"
Even though Gourmet Magazine shuttered with its last print issue in November of 2009, the brand continues to live on through some interesting programming choices online and on TV. I caught the last episode of Gourmet's Adventures with Ruth first season today on PBS. Part travelogue, part cooking show, Adventures with Ruth has the former Editor-in-Chief jetsetting to food capitols in Laos, Morocco, Mexico, the US and beyond. The episode I caught features the amazingly charming Jeffrey Wright and explores the culinary landscape of Jackson Heights, Queens with chef Julie Sahni. Not only do we get an insider's peak into the community, the restaurants, and the green market, but our guides introduce straightforward recipes to try out at home. In Brooklyn, you can catch the show next Monday, 1/11 and 1/18 at 7:30PM on WLIW Channel 21. Check the clip below.