A great interview with Sasha Kramer, the founder of a Haitian NGO, SOIL. The organization builds dry composting toilets throughout Haiti and turns human waste into nutrient-rich soil for urban agriculture. Check out her amazing work in the video above!
Free Holiday mix from Gilles Peterson's Brownswood label in anticipation of their holiday party next Saturday. If youre in London, definitely go get your holiday groove on. Mixed by DJ Mumblz it features some of his favorite tracks of the year, download it here!
1. Quest – Smooth Skin
2. Space Dimension Controller – 2ez (Autopilots Lament)
3. Grooveman Spot – Think About
4. Onra – High Hopes (Instrumental)
5. George Fitzgerald – The Let Down
6. Four Tet – Sing (Mosca Remix)
7. F – Spacewalker
8. Jack Dixon – Substitute
9. Bonobo – Eyesdown (Floating Points Remix)
10. Pedestrian – Hei Poa
11. Gold Panda – Same Dream Chine
12. Jay Electronica ft. John F. Kennedy – The Announcement
13. Spectrasoul ft. dBridge – Glimpse
14. Jose James – Warrior (Rockwell Remix)
15. Scuba – So You Think You’re Special
16. Erykah Badu – Gone Baby, Don’t Be Long
17. Little Brother – Curtain Call
18. The Roots – Radio Daze
19. Submotion Orchestra – Sunshine
Happy Friday! The single-shot takes and set design on this video are great and if this hand dancing doesnt make you smile, the fact that we have a whole weekend ahead of us surely will. The original song with Renato Carosone is just as charming!
Ryan McGinness' new "Women" Series debuted during Basel last week. Four new pieces were hung on the walls of a local strip club flanking three stages. It was awesome to see the pieces glowing under the black light as both art world folks and underage kids tried to act too cool for school. Here's a video that was looping at the Madonna Strip Club on South Beach during the opening showing some of McGinness' process drawings. I swiped a poster off the doors of the strip club last night before heading back to NYC!
Its this kinda day...