FYMW vs. GQ

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 | |


I heart Fuckyeahmenswear. Will you be my valentine? GQ got an exclusive interview with the poet and critic here. Check it below:
GQ: Juelz Santana often brags on his Twitter: “I hopped up out the bed I don’t have to turn my swag on…it’s in my blood I don’t know how to turn it off.” But surely a dude has to spend some time and energy getting fresh in the morning, right? What’s the quickest and easiest way for a guy to turn his swag on?
FYMW: This all depends on how naturally crispy you are. Me, I don’t have to do shit, but that should be pretty clear at this point. The quickest and easiest way for your everyday wannabe herb? Read FYMW, obviously.
GQ: Should a man have any other hobbies besides looking fresh and blogging about it?
FYMW: Yeah, you want to diversify your activities. Throw in macking on bomb dot com broads and you’ve pretty much pinned down what I do on the reg.
GQ: What’s crispy in the streets these days as far as you’re concerned? Which brands are coming correct with the steez? Which are faking the funk?
FYMW: First off, can we officially dead “faking the funk” for good? I’m going on record, “fuck outta here with that bullshit”. I’ll say this, if you need to ask what’s crispy in the streets or who is coming correct with steez then there is a good chance you stay losing.
GQ: Any advice you can offer to aspiring menswear bloggers that want to get their follower, retweet, and @reply weight up?
FYMW: Quit. Just fucking quit. It was all over before it even began. FYMW killed your dreams.
GQ: Favorite Wes Andy movie? Least favorite?
FYMW: I only watch Face/Off. The epitome of steez is Nick Cage’s face. No homme-o.
GQ: Should a guy build an outfit around his Aldies or choose his Aldies based on his outfit?
FYMW: I caught my doorman wearing some Aldies—J. Crizzy collabs, natch—the other day so I’m officially off that shit. This F/W I’m wearing my Brooks Bro moon boots exclusively.
GQ: What’s your aim with FYMW? Are you here to “curate the curators”?
FYMW: Whatever I need to do to smash the game is what I does. End of story.

0 comments: