Andrew WK says...

Friday, May 08, 2009 | |




This is some great inspiration information for the weekend from the indomitable Andrew WKproducer, musician, nightclub owner and inspirational speaker. An advice columnist for Anthem Magazine, I thought this was some real food for thought. Click for the full read.

ANDREW W.K. ON THE ECONOMY

I am 25 years old, and until recently had a media job in New York City. Like most people, I just lost my job and I'm now living on a few weeks of unemployment and trying to figure out what the hell to do with myself. Should I suck it up and escape the city, and go somewhere cheaper like Philadelphia or the Deep South, or should I keep on fighting to make my life work out the way I want it to in the greatest city in the world?

I've been thinking a lot about the recent situations with the economy, with New York City, with jobs, with money, and have been trying to decide how to think about it; how to keep those ideas in my mind in a way that's responsible and what some might call realistic, while also being optimistic and, I guess, confident.

Rather than thinking, “I lost my job because of the economy,” consider: "did I really want this job? Is there something deep down inside of me that wanted a change and has manifested this, using the economy as an excuse?" [Moving] to a Southern town or to Baltimore or Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, or any of these other nearby towns—is that a healthy urge that is taking you to new uncharted territory, or is that an urge that's been self-destructive and is trying to hold you back out of fear of doing bigger things or fear of success or just feeling overwhelmed?

For Andrew's advice and more click here.

0 comments: